History of Champion
Champion Commercial Developers
Ricky has created The Champion Advocacy Experiences™, umbrellas by The Champion Experience™ which powers The Tenant Advocacy Experience™, the Buyer Advocacy Experience™, and The Team Champion Experience™. These “Experiences” are the driving force that in turn empowers Team Champion members.
Since the formation of Champion, Ricky and Team Champion™ have taken the following developments to successful conclusion, paying investors better than expected returns:
- 10900 Scottsdale at Mescal, Scottsdale Arizona, a 55,000 square foot medical complex, bought as a value added opportunity.
- Red Rock Plaza, a 88,000 shopping complex shadow anchored by The Home Depot and PetsMart in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- With Continental Properties Inc., an 86,000 square foot KOHL’s store coupled with the successful sale of the adjacent land for an M & I Bank location and additional strip shopping opportunity, located in Surprise Arizona.
- Arrowhead Ranch Plaza, a 65,000 square foot shopping center located in Glendale Arizona, shadow anchored by Eckerd, started in January 2003 and completed and sold in March 2004.
- Arrowhead Commons, a 68,000 square foot office condominium project on campus with Arrowhead Ranch Plaza, started in August 2003 and sold out by May 2004.
- Promenade Commons at Fulton Ranch, a condominium project in the City of Chandler, Arizona, zoned.
- Jackrabbit Pavilions at McDowell, a to be built 350,000 square foot regional center in Buckeye Arizona.” zoned in the Town of Buckeye.
- Veranda Commons, a 32,000 square foot office condominium project on campus with Camelback Place at Dysart, zoned by Maricopa County with construction to start in 2005; second quarter.
- Camelback Place at Dysart, a 115,000 square foot neighborhood shopping center in Litchfield Park, Arizona, zoned by Maricopa County with construction to start in 2005, fourth quarter.
- Sonoran Desert Commons, a condominium project in the city of Phoenix, on Carefree Highway.
- Sonoran Desert Office Building, an office project on campus with Sonoran Desert Commons.
- Marketplace Plaza at Fulton Ranch, a 35,000 square foot retail project at Chandler Heights Road and Arizona Avenue.
- Marketplace Commons at Fulton Ranch, a 53,000 square foot office condominium project on campus with Marketplace Plaza at Fulton Ranch.
- Fresh & Easy, Chandler, Arizona – a 13,000sf retail ground lease sold as an investment asset in September 2008.
- Gateway Commons, a 20,000 square foot project at the NWC of Higley and Southern in Mesa, Arizona will consist of two medical/office condo buildings that will be in great proximity to the new hospital just one mile to the north.
- Higley Park Commons, a 76,000 square foot office condominium project on the NEC of Higley and Ray Roads in Gilbert.
- The Highlands, a 12 acre land development and project Management of user retail facilities at the NEC of Higley and Baseline Roads in Gilbert.
- Starbucks and a freestanding 6000 foot multi-tenant building at The Highlands. Center.
Currently Champion has in development the following projects:
- Laveen Gateway, a 11700 square foot shopping center at the gateway to the Phoenix village of Laveen, zoned by the City of Phoenix.
- The Shops at Sierra Bloom, a 6700 square foot shopping center (coupled with a freestanding Dutch Bros.) at 90th Street and the 101 Freeway in the Entertainment District of the Salt River Pima, Maricopa Indian Community.
- Holiday Inn and Suites next to the Shops at Sierra Bloom.
While practicing law in Canada, Ricky was involved in a myriad of projects including:
- Londonderry Mall (one million square feet) in Edmonton.
- West Edmonton Mall (five million square feet).
- Edmonton Eaton Center and Kingsway Garden Mall in Edmonton.
- Calgary Convention Center and adjacent Four Seasons Hotel as well as the Rocky Mountain Plaza in Calgary, Alberta.
After moving to the United States and prior to Champion being founded, Ricky's real estate projects include:
- The Borgata of Scottsdale, a high end specialty center, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Desert Valley Medical Plaza, a 50,000 square foot medical office building at 40th Street and Bell Road, Phoenix, AZ.
- Pointe*Orlando, a 450,000 square foot lifestyle entertainment shopping center developed across from the Orlando Orange County Convention Center. The center features as anchor tenants a 35,000 square foot FAO Schwarz store, 25,000 square foot Footlocker triplex, 20 stadium theatre cinemas, 550 seat 3D IMAX theatre, and 2600 structured car parking facility. Orlando, FL.
- A 180,000 square foot neighborhood shopping center in west Phoenix.
- A 20 acre land development project featuring two hotels and several pads including Circle K, McDonald’s and Discount Tire, located 51st Avenue and the McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ.
- Shopping center and land development transactions, Las Vegas, NV.
- Gateway Plaza Power Center, north central Alberta, Canada.